Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Quick Thought on Meditation





Recently, I began focusing on my breath during meditation. Breathe in and out. In and out. Concentrating on the air filling my center. And when other thoughts come to mind, as they usually do, I simply notice them like I would a piece of chewed gum on the sidewalk - stepping over those thoughts and then returning to my breath.

When I first began this practice I saw those chewed pieces of gum every where, and many would stick to my shoe, too! :)

Now, on good days, I don't see any gum at all, and on really good days I become so relaxed and centered that I doze off after about 20 minutes!

What do you focus on during your meditations?

1 comment:

  1. I have also been working on meditation and on breathing. I am notorious for holding my breath but I've found that a mantra helps me focus a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!