Friday, November 5, 2010

Fear of Pain - Hope that this is not His Will


I wanted to write a quick post while I can.  This morning is the first time in the last three days I have been migraine-free.  I cannot put into words the pure hell and torture I have endured this week.  I have never experienced physical pain of this intensity except for during labor contractions, which only lasted a few minutes at a time.  The pain from these migraines lasted continuously for eight to twelve hours at a time. 

I am so afraid of it coming back.  All I can do is the footwork: pray, call my doctors and follow their advice and take care of myself by eating well, getting proper rest, and try to eliminate as much stress as possible from my life. 

I am so grateful for having friends and family, who are willing to help me, doctors who care about me, and a Higher Power, who loves me.  His will be done, not mine...  (surely, it is not His will for me to be in so much pain...but what do I know?)

4 comments:

  1. I know sister! I have suffered from migraines since I was 17. I take Imitrex the second I feel it coming on. I too have been dibilitated on more than one occasion thanks to these very painful malady's. Two years ago I switched Dr.'s and the first thing she did was but me on a Beta-blocker, and it changed my life. It cut my migraines down from 7 or 8 a month to maybe one to two. I am grateful to HP that you are painfree today! and don't you feel like celebrating? I always feel like doing carwheels (which I won't cause I would break my neck) but I just want to shout that "I'm pain free" to the world! Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I left this a minute ago, but it didn't appear, so if it doubles, I apologize)...

    I am so sorry that you are suffering Marie.

    I hope that you can find some answers.

    I have found hope and then the inevitable return of the migraines. I have found my own kind of peace with the pain. But I will wish for you a real answer - and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you are suffering. I continue to include you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now catching up on posts. I am sorry that you have had such a hard time. I get sinus headaches occasionally that are terrible. I hope that you will feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing!